Rideau Lakes Home
Rideau Lakes Cycle Tour June 8th and 9th 2013
Registration for 2013 is now closed.
- Bring your confirmation letter to Algonquin College or Perth check-out Saturday morning
- For faster check out, please print and sign the downloadable waiver
- Carry ID with you during the Tour
- You will be required to sign a waiver at check-out
- Please remember to return your Queen's room key; otherwise Queen's will charge you $75 for a replacement key
- Your luggage MUST be lightweight. Equal to an airline carry-on bag. Oversized luggage will be refused
- Luggage that originates from Ottawa will be returned to Ottawa. Luggage that originates from Perth will be returned to Perth. No exceptions!
The Rideau Lakes Cycle Tour is not a race, but a unique cycling experience. As the Rideau Lakes Tour rolls out on city roads, riders share the road with motorists; cooperation and respect between cyclists and motorists is paramount. Many towns and villages along the routes do not see this many cyclists; riders should be courteous. We want these villages to welcome the Tour back year after year.
Bibs: Your bib entitles you to support on the Classic and Century routes as well as water and juice, courtesy of the OBC, at Last Duel Park in Perth. Please ensure your bib is visible at all times while cycling as this identifies you as a registered Tour participant.
Route Support: Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES) crews, police, support and gear (SAG) wagons and mechanics' vehicles will patrol the Classic and Century routes. Although the Cruise and Challenge routes are unsupported, the ARES crews can still be contacted in case of an emergency. Riders wearing yellow "Ottawa Bicycle Club" official sashes can provide guidance and assistance. Please co-operate with Tour Officials. Private SAGs are welcome to join riders at any of the designated stops, but under no circumstances should they attempt to pace their riders on the route.