Rideau Lakes Home
Join us for the 45th Annual Rideau Lakes Cycle Tour
June 11th and 12th 2016
Must Read RLCT Important Information and News
It has been a cold spring so we've decided to:
- Extend registration to May 9th unless it fills before this date
- Open another 50 spots on the Century route
Changes to registration
The following changes to your registration can be made up to midnight May 18th:
- your personal information, emergency contact, etc
- your roommate
- if registered for the 2016 RLCT Ride Only and wish to upgrade to Meals and Accommodation at Queen's you can do so by selecting "Queen's Accommodation Only" in the "Category" section
Go to My Registrations on CCN or by contacting CCN directly toll free at 1-866-534-2453 or by email at email@example.com. Note that you must first Login to CCN in order to access the My Registration option under your name on the top right hand side.
To transfer your registration to another rider, contact CCN directly.
Riders parking their cars at Algonquin College over the weekend must now pay $4 per day, except if staying in Residence, where parking for 2 nights is covered in your room reservation. Volunteers do not pay for parking.
Payment can be made two ways:
- Online by going to https://parkingservices.algonquincollege.com/permit.php?cmd=new, then click on Visitor and Temporary Permits for options for RLCT 1 day or 2 day permit. You do NOT need to display the permit in your car.
- Use a pay and display machine in lot 8 to buy a $4 or $8 permit that you MUST display on the dashboard in your car.
A letter to all registrants will be sent early May with:
- Your bib number
- Sponsor coupons (from Bushtukah and Yogatown)
- Reminders and other important information
2016 Tour maps and cue sheets are being updated for posting by mid-May. Note that the Classic and Challenge routes now detour around Westport to enhance the safety of riders passing through the busy town of Westport. This detour brings riders back onto the main route on CR 10 directly across from the entrance to the official stop at North Crosby for snacks, toilets, water, etc.
Several volunteer positions remain to be filled:
- Queens registration
- Algonquin registration
- taking Tour road signs down on Saturday/Sunday for the Century and Classic Routes
- water truck driver to take the truck and water from Carleton Place to Perth (Last Duel Park) on Saturday and return it on Sunday (preferably someone who lives in the Carleton Place area)
What is the Rideau Lakes Cycle Tour?
Every year, for the past 44 years, the Ottawa Bicycle Club has organized an annual cycle tour from Ottawa to Kingston and back over a two day weekend in early June.
This event attracts approximately 2000 riders from all over Ontario and Quebec and beyond. We offer the riders a number of route options and accommodation/meal selections. Route distances from Ottawa to Kingston vary from the 174Km 'Classic' to the 211Km 'Challenge'. An optional 102Km 'Century' can be had with a Perth start/finish.
The destination for riders is Queen's University where they enjoy great food and accommodation and, of course, the camaraderie and socializing at the end of the first day on the 'sunny' grounds of this historic university.
Explore the following pages .. and please join us on this special cycling event!