Rideau Lakes Home
Please join us for the 44th Annual Rideau Lakes Cycle TourJune 6th and 7th 2015
It’s almost June and the RLCT happens soon. Are you ready? We can’t help you physically train, but we can help you to know all that you need to know for the Tour weekend to be enjoyed by all.
- 2015 Tour routes are now posted, please take special note of the new Century Route and changes to the Challenge Route
- New RLCT signs will mark your way along the Classic and Century Routes
- Enjoy Saturday afternoon yoga at Queens’ arrival & welcome area
- Queen’s regular and gluten-free menu
Refresh your knowledge of:
Rider/volunteer etiquette reminder
- Be kind and respectful to all
- Appreciate your fellow riders and volunteers
- Take care of the Tour’s beautiful surroundings: use garbage & recycling facilities to keep areas clean.
Enjoy Your 2015 RLCT!
May 1st has arrived and with it Registration closes.
Welcome all returning and new participants in this year's 44th Tour weekend. Here are a few reminders of what happens next.
- Get out and cycle, cycle, cycle (we recommend that you have ridden over 1,000 km this year prior to the tour)
- Look for one of two email information notes the week of May 4th with your bib# and request to confirm your Queen's Accommodation selection by May 14th so that rooms may be correctly assigned
- Submit any necessary changes to (any part of) your registration by May 15th
- Letter #2 will follow late May with important updates about Tour check-in, baggage, Bushtukah's 20% store coupon, and Yogatown's yoga class offer(s)
Some of "What's New This Year"
- Early check in for some participants (see below).
- Marshal Orientation session & increased presence of Tour Marshals en route.
- Updated Menu - More Gluten Free Options & chicken on the menu.
- New Century Route from Perth.
The deadline for any changes to the RLCT Tour was May 15th, 2015, and has now passed. If you have any further questions, please email Laura (our club admin).
According to the Old Farmer's Almanac's 2015 (www.almanac.com) the long-range weather forecast for June 6-10th is "Sunny & Nice", hopefully it will stay that way!
Early Check-In on Friday, June 5th
Registering as OBC Members and/or booking Algonquin Accommodation and/or participating as a Tour Marshal make you eligible for early check-in for the Tour on Friday, June 5th.
Where: Algonquin College, Salon D (room to be confirmed)
When: 4:30pm to 7:00pm (on Friday, June 5th)
Do NOT bring your luggage to pre-check-in. ALL luggage will be collected Saturday morning June 6, 2015 at Algonquin College or at the Perth Curling Club, according to your chosen route.
All riders checking in early will be verified against an eligibility list. OBC members may want to bring their membership card.