The core of our program is the Spring and Summer Road Program. We teach youth team members the skills to handle a bike, improve fitness and have fun doing so. Youth have the opportunity to push their limits in supported touring and racing events starting in May and continuing throughout the spring and summer.
Athletes are divided into groups based on age and ability, Ages 5 to 18 (born 2002 to 2015);
Spring session: Saturday April 18 to Sunday June 27;Cancelled due to COVID-19
- Summer: Wednesday July 4 to Sunday August 29;
- Time: April practices are Saturday mornings 10am-12pm and from May - August are Saturday mornings 9-11am, Wednesday evenings 6:30-8pm;
- Location: variable but most frequently will include the Asticou Centre in Gatineau on Saturdays, which also provides access to the paths and roads in Gatineau Park and the Agricultural Museum at the Experimental Farm on Wednesdays.
Registration options include our spring session running till the end of June, our summer session covering the school holidays from the beginning of July to the end of August.
Spring Road: Cancelled due to COVID-19
ges 5 to 8 (2012 to 2015): $55 (plus HST) Ages 9 to 18 (2002 to 2011): $85 (plus HST)
- Ages 5 to 8 (2012 to 2015): $55 (plus HST)
- Ages 9 to 18 (2002 to 2011): $85 (plus HST)
All riders (including parents who accompany riders) must be members of the Ottawa Bicycle Club, and bring their membership cards with them at all registered events. Parents who are not riding with the program do not need to be an OBC member. Through a single online registration process you will purchase an OBC Membership, purchase an Ontario Cycling Association membership (citizen permit is usually the most appropriate option unless planning to race a great deal, in which case, a UCI license is best), and select and purchase the desired youth program option.
For questions, please contact the Youth Program Director: E-mail