RLCT Code of Conduct
The Rideau Lakes Cycle Tour (RLCT) requires cyclists to abide by the laws of the road ⇗ and expects registrants to adhere to the following:
- 12 cyclists or less - merging into super-groups is dangerous.
- To ensure everyone’s safety, ride no more than 2 abreast.
- Obey all traffic road signs, traffic lights, keep to the right side of the road and do not cross the yellow line.
- Pass on the left, only when it is safe to do so.
- Signal your turns and use your bell (or voice) in a non-intimidating manner to let vehicles, pedestrians, and other cyclists know your intentions.
- Be especially careful near youth cyclists by giving them plenty of space, making them aware of your presence, and voicing intentions.
- Be respectful of motorists and normal traffic flow, stop for emergency vehicles, pull to the side of the road for funeral processions.
- Be respectful of peoples' property by using the available toilet facilities.
- Be respectful of Tour Officials and other Persons of Authority; Officials make decisions based on road users’ safety, in the moment. Inappropriate or offensive gestures will not be tolerated.
By registering for the Rideau Lakes Cycle Tour, you agree to abide by this Code of Conduct and to be a good cycling ambassador no matter your age, experience, or condition while sharing the road with fellow human beings.