News - most recent first
May 16 - Bib #s emailed!
If you did not get your Bib # and Confirmation of Details and your Bushtuka 20% Discount Coupon, contact Laura at the OBC Office!
Volunteers - we need you!
What are you doing the second weekend in June? We need you. Volunteering for the RLCT is a great experience. We have all sorts of positions to fill that range from putting directional signs up along the route to handing out bib numbers at Algonquin College Saturday morning.... Check out the volunteer positions here: https://ottawabicycleclub.ivolunteer.com/rlct_2019
April 3rd - Parking Permits
We've updated our website for Algonquin College Parking for Classic, Cruise and Challenge start.
New Cruise Route!
Are you considering the Cruise route? New this year, we take a more southerly route down to Athens and join up with the Century ride at Sunbury.
Leaving from Ottawa, the new Cruise route is 186 km. To shorten it by 12 km, you can start at the Manotick Public School (1075 Bridge St), where there are 36 weekend parking spots available.
Visit the website for more details : The Rides ->Ride Descriptions
Are you ready to ride?
Check them out here !!
May 1st, 2019
- changed registration deadline to May 10th - Registration Button
- added News item for May 10th deadline - removed Perth Sold out item.
- updated Route Logistics for Manotick Parking for Cruise
- removed notes say 'under review' for cruise
- added links for rwgps for cruise route
- added gpx files for cruise
- added pdf cue sheet .. missing map!!
- updated large route graphic for cruise - 600m and added Lyndhurst
April 2nd, 2019
- added Perth Sold Out below Register button
- added note saying remaining rides close May 1st or sooner
Mar 19, 2019
- updated coloured map on route descriptions with new Cruise Route
- updated route descriptions for Cruise
- still need to look at recommended rest stops ... and washroom recommendations!
Mar 1, 2019
- upgraded slideshow and sponsor icons to higher resolution images for hi res laptops and tablets
- adjusted references to accommodation and meals to specify which day(s) to be clearer. See Register->Prce
Feb 12, 2019
- added notes on Cruise route as we consider a route change
- search for 'under review'
Jan 20, 2019
- correct May 11th to May 10th as cut-off for registration changes by user.
- fixed spelling error in 'registration changes'
- updated images for Queen's dinner and breakfast menu for 2019
- removed references to 'red caps'
- added bullet-menu for Algonquin Breakfast Menu in Logistics->Accommodation
- Volunteer Dinner is TBD now.
Jan 19, 2019
- clarified what is meant by 'support' in route descriptions, opening paragraph.
- adjusted Registration->Changes to reflect what a user can do before May 11th, stored Post-May11th page for easy retrieval
- fixed a number of contact links to find OBC office
- added OCA logo to Cyclist's Responsibility Code
- fixed a few links in FAQs that were broken
- updated Photo Credits on page footer
- RLCT Code of Conduct - some grammar and formatting changes
Jan 13, 2019
- corrected broken links to OBC office and OBC Rideau Lakes Event Manager
- link to purchasing breakfast updated .. not tested.
- added Art's picture under 'contact us'
Dec 1, 2018
- added cut-off date for Friday accommodation Algonquin
- added price and promo code for 2019
- added new Facebook event link for 2019 to quick menu and Facebook Icon (bottom of page)
Updated team pictures for 2019
- changed home page to 48th
- put TBD on Algonquin Friday night accommodation
- noted parking price at Algonquin is 2018 pricing
- changed registration button to say registration opens January 31st!