News - most recent first
RLCT 2020, June 13-14th
Save the date!!! Next year the Rideau Lakes Cycle Tour is scheduled for June 13-14th, 2020.
Thank-you Volunteers and Sponsors
RLCT could not have done it without you - thank you to all the volunteers who gave up their time and most of their weekend (and more) to make sure it was a great success.
The Club would also like to thank all the sponsors who graciously give of their time, services and/or financial contribution to support the riders!
Please check our sponsors out and support them! (https://www.ottawabicycleclub.ca/rlct/sponsors)
Wow - what a weekend!
The OBC hopes everyone had a great ride and made good memories. Thank you for making this weekend one to remember. We look forward to seeing you next year!
Heads up Challenge Riders! Construction is ahead of schedule on CR 17 (Appleton Side Rd) - you will encounter 3 kilometres of gravel from Cr 11 (River Road) North!
Friday check-in - luggage
New this year! If you are leaving from Ottawa, you can check-in and drop your luggage off on Friday.
TImes: Check-in 16:00 to 19:30 Friday or 6:30 to 8:30 Saturday.
Tour starts at 6:30 Saturday (ie. signs up for supported routes).
Need a pitstop along the route?
There are many community groups, general stores and OBC options available to you on all 4 routes.
The OBC requests that you do not stop at the tree nursery at the corner of Eagleson and Flewellyn - the washroom and parking lot is reserved for their customers and they are quite busy on weekends in June.
Please respect private property and have a great sunny weekend riding!
Classic - Challenge - DETOUR
Due to construction on Old Richmond Rd, we've had to put in a DETOUR for the safety of all.
Please download revised Ridewithgps, gpx and pdf cuesheets here: Rides->Maps.
(last edit was made 10pm May 29th)
Algonquin Parking Permits
We've updated our website for Algonquin College Parking for Classic, Cruise and Challenge start.
(Apr 4th post)
New Cruise Route!
Are you considering the Cruise route? New this year, we take a more southerly route down to Athens and join up with the Century ride at Sunbury.
Leaving from Ottawa, the new Cruise route is 186 km. To shorten it by 12 km, you can start at the Manotick Public School (1075 Bridge St), where there are 36 weekend parking spots available.
Visit the website for more details : The Rides ->Ride Descriptions
June 6th, 2019
- fixed link to Castelli on sponsor page - was ok on side bar.
June 3rd, 2019
- adjusted ride descriptions to be consistent with Route Support and detour for Classic and Challenge
- the front page blurb and the large colour map do not incorporate the detour distance changes.
May 30, 2019
- corrected error - Massage cancelled - NOT Yoga!
- corrected unclaimed luggage pick up. See: Logistics->Weekend Schedule (bottom of page).
- corrected location of key pickup at Queen's Saturday after 6:00 PM. See: Logistics->Weekend Schedule.
May 29, 2019
- updated all route gpx, pdf files for updated annotations and Classic and Challenge DETOUR
- modified distances (added 5km) to Classic and Challenge
- added note on Accommodation at Queens - no smoking or vaping on campus now.
- updated Route Support with updated distances for Classic and Challenge (added 5km on Day 1)
- CANCELLED Yoga - not enough interest (Logistics->Weekend Schedule)
May 1st, 2019
- changed registration deadline to May 10th - Registration Button
- added News item for May 10th deadline - removed Perth Sold out item.
- updated Route Logistics for Manotick Parking for Cruise
- removed notes say 'under review' for cruise
- added links for rwgps for cruise route
- added gpx files for cruise
- added pdf cue sheet .. missing map!!
- updated large route graphic for cruise - 600m and added Lyndhurst
April 2nd, 2019
- added Perth Sold Out below Register button
- added note saying remaining rides close May 1st or sooner
Mar 19, 2019
- updated coloured map on route descriptions with new Cruise Route
- updated route descriptions for Cruise
- still need to look at recommended rest stops ... and washroom recommendations!
Mar 1, 2019
- upgraded slideshow and sponsor icons to higher resolution images for hi res laptops and tablets
- adjusted references to accommodation and meals to specify which day(s) to be clearer. See Register->Prce
Feb 12, 2019
- added notes on Cruise route as we consider a route change
- search for 'under review'
Jan 20, 2019
- correct May 11th to May 10th as cut-off for registration changes by user.
- fixed spelling error in 'registration changes'
- updated images for Queen's dinner and breakfast menu for 2019
- removed references to 'red caps'
- added bullet-menu for Algonquin Breakfast Menu in Logistics->Accommodation
- Volunteer Dinner is TBD now.
Jan 19, 2019
- clarified what is meant by 'support' in route descriptions, opening paragraph.
- adjusted Registration->Changes to reflect what a user can do before May 11th, stored Post-May11th page for easy retrieval
- fixed a number of contact links to find OBC office
- added OCA logo to Cyclist's Responsibility Code
- fixed a few links in FAQs that were broken
- updated Photo Credits on page footer
- RLCT Code of Conduct - some grammar and formatting changes
Jan 13, 2019
- corrected broken links to OBC office and OBC Rideau Lakes Event Manager
- link to purchasing breakfast updated .. not tested.
- added Art's picture under 'contact us'
Dec 1, 2018
- added cut-off date for Friday accommodation Algonquin
- added price and promo code for 2019
- added new Facebook event link for 2019 to quick menu and Facebook Icon (bottom of page)
Updated team pictures for 2019
- changed home page to 48th
- put TBD on Algonquin Friday night accommodation
- noted parking price at Algonquin is 2018 pricing
- changed registration button to say registration opens January 31st!