Ready, Set ... GO!
- where am I going ? - see 50-for-50 Routes.
- can I meet and ride with new people? - Absolutely - see Join My Ride (jRide).
- can I share photos and stories and win prizes? - Of course! - see Prizes.
- what's all this 50-for-50 about? - read on!
... but maybe not so tight on a bench ... yet!
What is '50 for 50' ?
Come join with us in celebration of our 50th anniversary by continuing the long tradition of 'riding the Rideau Lakes' through this collection of 50 great rides!
"50 for 50" stands for "50 Rideau Lakes inspired routes on the 50th anniversary of the Ottawa Bicycle Club".
- 50 quality rides starting or passing through all the cities, towns and villages that have made the Rideau Lakes Cycle Tour special.
- Ride on your own schedule when the sun shines with your 'OBC member-only riding bubble'. (see Registration Conditions below)
- Join up and meet new riding buddies through our Ride Scheduling Tool (jRide) to select the ride flavour that suites your style (distance, intensity, pastry stops or theme).
- Compete against yourself, your buddies or all participants and meet people and celebrate all that's great about cycling in this region.
- To encourage participation, we've secured PRIZES - eligible to OBC members that register their rides through jRide.
- ... and we had a Favourite Route Contest - check out who won here!
- Our 50 rides for our 50th anniversary have now been released. See Routes.
- Registration is open now.
- Closing date: September 14th, 2021.
- The event officially starts June 12th, 2021.
- Prizes for Most Routes Ridden, Best Photo, Best Story, Most kilometres Logged etc. will be awarded throughout the spring/summer into September... See Prizes.
All riders must:
- be OBC 2021 members.
- register and sign a digital waiver specifically for this 50-for-50 event.
- tell us when they cycle each '50-for-50' route through the use of jRide - our Ride Scheduling Tool. This is to meet insurance and prize requirements
- As noted above, the 50-for-50 event (including prizes) is open to OBC Members only.
- However, the OBC routes are open to all including the 50-for-50 routes under the condition that you ride these routes at your own risk.
- To join or renew your membership with the OBC for 2021, please visit our membership page: www.ottawabicycleclub.ca ⇗