News - most recent first
What a weekend!
A BIG thank you to all the incredible volunteers and sponsors who help make this event happen. It could not happen without you!
From start to finish, thank you to all our SAG and route drivers, mechanics, luggage truck drivers, everyone working at registration in Algonquin, Perth and Kingston who made sure you received your bib and T-shirt, water and snack providers, ARES crew, those who are up before dawn putting up signs and taking them down along the routes, and everyone who worked tirelessly to bring the RLCT together - your dedication and hard work made this 46th year a success!
♬ This is it - it's finally HERE! ♬
No more counting down the days! Tomorrow the Tour starts.
Just a reminder - the roads are NOT closed to traffic. Please follow and obey all traffic laws, stop signs and red lights.
Check the website for last minute safety tips: Road Safety->Tips
Enjoy your ride!
Susanne Reid - RLCT Event Manager
Check your 'check-list' !
- Suncreen: Check.
- Rain jacket: Check.
- Cycling legs: Resting up!!
Looks like a warm sunny weekend with a chance of a shower. Mother Nature is unpredictable, so please remember to bring rain gear and an extra layer of warm cycling gear.
To stay hydrated and well fueled, check out these pit stops along your chosen route: Logistics->route-support (cash only).
Can't finish ? - what to do, who to tell!
On Route: If you are on route and it is not a medical emergency but are injured or have a mechanical issue with your bike that cannot be fixed, please contact the Radio Operators on route (red ball caps) as they are positioned about every 15kms or so or contact a support vehicle while it is driving by. They will do their best to transport you to either your starting point (Algonquin or Perth), or end point for the day (Queens or Algonquin). From there you can call a cab, friend or family member to pick you up.
Sunday and can't ride: Seek alternate transportation - see FAQ 12
Potholes and debris left over from the significant rainfall this past spring are key things riders need to look out for this weekend!
Car doors and kids: Events in many of the smaller towns this June include yard sales, breakfasts and charity events. Pay attention to car doors, kids and people crossing the road!
Bib Transfers - let us know!
Let us know if a Bib has been bought or sold! email@example.com
If you leave it too late, it will slow down your Saturday check-in.
Parking at Algonquin - new process!
This year we have worked with Algonquin and you can now purchase a parking ticket good for two days of the tour IN ADVANCE using their internet-based parking ticket system. Make sure you do this a few days in ahead!
RLCT 2017 Registration Now Closed
You can still make important updates to your registration such as roommate info or
T-shirt size, start location, route until May 17th. See Register->Changes.
Website Revision History
2017 June 9
- added 'last post' - this is it
- fixed rounding error on 'days remaining' - added 0.5!
- changed Latest News teasers to link and scroll to News items
- added FAQ 15 (if you can't finish ...)
- added two more posts - "If you can't finish" and "check your checklist"
- added Pothole alert to News
- renamed ridewithgps routes to fix Garmin edge 800 issue
- added FAQ 13 and 14
- adjusted Sponsor list, Authentic Wines logo
- added note on food allergies (Accommodation link)
- fixed Marshal Training dates (Volunteer link)
- set Unclaimed Luggage location on Sunday at Algonquin (Logistics->Weekend Schedule at bottom of page)
- adjusted info on Washrooms (Logistics->Route Support)
- clarified Bib transfer responsibilities (Register->Changes)